Pet Surgery at Our Animal Hospital in Livonia
When your pet is in need of surgery, it's tremendously reassuring to know an animal hospital in Livonia that provides a full spectrum of techniques and procedures, and that's what you have here at our animal hospital in Livonia. Our Livonia veterinarian, Dr. Sharon Sheehy, has the skill, expertise and compassion necessary to administer top-quality pet surgery for your special friend. Our surgery for pets includes such important services as:
- Spay and Neuter surgery - Spay and neuter surgery is an important step toward ensuring a healthier and happier life for your pet. Sterilization surgery eliminates the risk or uterine, ovarian and testicular cancer, reduces the risk of prostate and mammalian cancer and prevents risky, heat-related behavioral problems such as roaming or aggression against other animals. It also ensures that you won't have more pets around the house than you can care for.
- Orthopedic surgery - If your pet is lame or hurting due to an orthopedic injury or chronic degenerative condition, surgery can restore joint function and/or relieve pain. Our Livonia animal hospital can perform reconstructive knee surgery, hip replacement surgery, spinal fusion (to ease the pain of advanced arthritis or other spinal conditions) and other forms of orthopedic surgery.
- Emergency surgery - Emergency surgery by our Livonia veterinarian could save your beloved companion's life. Examples of emergency surgery for pets include correction of bloat (twisted digestive organs), foreign object removal, sealing of lacerations and hemorrhaging blood vessels, fracture setting and removal of bladder stones and other urinary system blockages.
- Internal surgery - Our veterinarian in Livonia can administer a variety of sophisticated imaging and testing techniques to locate and diagnose internal injuries or abnormalities that require surgical intervention. We can remove internal cancers, repair damaged organs, perform C-sections to permit healthy delivery of litters and administer many other beneficial procedures.
- External surgery - If your pet suffers from a skin tumor or other external issue, surgery may be required to put things right. We can remove masses for biopsy to see whether a malignancy calls for further care. We can also perform eye surgery, ear surgery and surgeries to cope with severe infections.
- Dental surgery - Your pet may require surgery to extract a damaged/infected tooth or remove a life-threatening case of oral cancer. We can perform the appropriate dental or oral surgery to restore your pet's mouth to optimal health, comfort and functionality.
- Surgical laser therapy - Surgical laser therapy employs a beam of amplified light instead of a scalpel for ultra-fine incisions and near-instant cauterization to prevent excess bleeding, pain and swelling. Our veterinarian in Livonia can apply this form of high-tech pet surgery to a variety of procedures, minimizing your pet's post-operative discomfort and recovery time.
Contact Our Livonia Animal Hospital
If you need to schedule pet surgery, our Livonia animal hospital is ready to help. Call Sheehy Animal Hospital at (248) 615-7670 for an appointment!